View Single Post
      03-02-2018, 03:57 AM   #36
joeylwd
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW M135I BMW 340i LCI

saw this was not an realy old thread so i did like to respond.

here to a new enigne replacement.... runned JB4 with first only intake.. then i putted dp and in2 weeks i blow my rod bearings. Did change them.. 300miles ... again a knock at 2500rpm .. did put an complete new engine. i was sick of it. my car only did had 99K km's Now i want to tune again because maybe it was the fault of JB4 because i was running that 2 weeks map 2. and now after a lot of researche they said you need an bigger intercooler for map 2.... Always did good oil service . every 10-15k. Castrol 5W-30 LL-04 .BMW Dealer did nothing . They just swiped it away and says that they never heard of it and its not possible , let them checked it and had to pay 100,- for looking in te il filter... stupid guys there. Its sure a common thing at the n55. but is see people run 450pk 500pk and i run 360pp-380pk for 2 weeks and i broke directly ??

Mosselman here says that it was related to the JB4 (ofcourse they wil because want to sell there own) More people with this problem with the JB4 . car is now complete standard . only got intake and Bastuck end muffler. Drives better and much stronger than the old engine . My turbo was been set over from the old engine. was in very good shape. did pay total 6500,- for an engine with 3 km's . dealer did send me a 16,5K reparation...

Like to year from you guys.
Appreciate 0