08-14-2019, 11:58 AM   #21
Munchi435i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Alpine White 435i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsup1 View Post
I'm running 8 gal E85 with 93, so about E50. At first it was by accident (I wasn't paying attention). I ran some logs and everything looked great so I've kept it in that range. The main issue as has been stated here is that HPFP can't flow enough for full E85 and crash's sending the car into limp mode.

My thread and logs here:

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1641595

My car is a PWG so the turbo does't flow as much as the later EWG which would put a bigger strain on the pump.
From all the research i've read, it seems the PWG turbo cars are able to run much higher levels of E85(E30-E50). So it's no surprise that your able to run E50 with no issues but the question is, how long will that last before having to upgrade any part of the fueling system??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyrexia View Post
The License Store says "E85 mix map" and the description says "E30 Map". So I filled up my car with an E30 mix, bought the maps, go to flash, and saw that I only have E20 maps and E85 maps available. Meanwhile the MHD Website advertises only an E25 map pack for F-series N55.

Haven't seen any indication that the E85 map was for stock fuel systems until today, in this thread. No documentation on MHD's part at all. :shrug:

If you are EWG, then the only maps available to you are the E20 and full E85.

Im not sure what is available for the PWG turbo cars since i run a EWG turbo.

Also, I have not purchased the E85 mix maps so im not sure about the description your talking about but from everything i've read on the forums, you can run full E85 on stock fueling, at the sacrifice of lower boost.