View Single Post
      08-16-2019, 04:33 PM   #29
rcsup1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46m3to335i View Post
True, however, with "more" timing in turn means "less" boost needs to be demanded by the ECU to meet load targets. You can't have more timing and more boost without issues.

More timing and less boost = More boost and less timing. Just two different ways to increase power.

If I'm not mistaken. Anything past E50 has diminishing returns in terms of performance when blending E85.
Full E85 has a higher knock threshold than E50 or E30. So you would not need to reduce boost with increased timing. That is the whole point of running straight E85. The idea is to increase the load targets accordingly to make more power on the higher octane. There is a substantial difference between E50 and E85. This is why some even go as high as E98 over E85 which is significantly harder to obtain.
2011 F25 X3 35i |M-Sport Front Bumper Conversion|Largus Full Adjustable Coilovers|FTP Charge Pipes|Gutted Catalytic Downpipe|RB Oil Cooler Thermostat Delete|25 Row Oil Cooler|Custom Built Cold Air Intake|9"AEM Cone Filter Behind Kidney Grills With Outerwear|Precision Raceworks Coils|BM3 Stage 2 E30 Tune| BM3 Upgraded 8-speed TCU Flash|395mm X5M Front Brakes
Appreciate 1
ceedawg467.50