02-04-2020, 12:02 PM   #13
Alarmin
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sµpreme View Post
xHP stage 3 here, just flashed a few weeks ago. I really like it.

I did the flash in prep for doing a custom E50 tune with Wedge Performance in order to remove torque limiters, was running MHD E30 OTS before that. I could tell an immediate change in the personality of the car, even before getting the Wedge base map. It really 'wakes up' the 8AT. The best way I can describe it is that I was making a fair bit of power on the MHD E30 map, but I didn't realize that the rest of the drivetrain needed to 'catch up' to the new power level I was making.

The best part is that more than ever before, I have 2 very different cars:
In Comfort mode, standard Drive, the car is polished, responsive and powerful. The exhaust flap is closed, the sound is subdued. (I'm catless + MPPSK exhaust.

Click to Sport+ and slap the shifter into Sport Drive and she's a banshee, aggressively holding gears and popping through downshifts. The xHP flash really accentuates the stark contrast between the two drive modes.

If you have a chance to drive someone's 340 with xHP, do it.
That is great to hear! I hadn’t considered that my trans would need to be adjusted to catch up to my stage 2 BM3 tune either. Have you experienced any weird issues with it at all? And did it take any massaging to have the trans tune play nicely with your ecu tune or did they work well together out of the box?
Appreciate 0