View Single Post
      11-13-2020, 03:29 PM   #48
itsrichierich
Moto Lover
Rep
Drives: '19 BMW S1000XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
When I saw this thread bumped, i was like "oh man who has a boost leak now" lol. That's cool though.

When i installed MST inlet (and later TIC pipe), i found that testing with the MST is much easier in the sense that the silicone inlet is flexible enough to force in a tight-fitting pressure tester and it provides a much better seal than the OEM plastic. However one thing i also noticed is that the MST inlet itself seemed to leak after i built up 15-20 psi of pressure. I thought i noticed the same thing with the OEM inlet as well; just a slight hissing noise from that area (this was with stock TIC still which i was confident was not leaking). I couldn't tell for sure where it was coming from - either the orings that seal the inlet into the turbo or the silicone clamped on the metal piece that goes into the turbo. My hose clamp there was tight. I don't think its an issue since the inlet isnt made to hold boost, but just something to be aware of if you try to pressure test with MST and hear/feel area coming from the area where it goes into the turbo. I'm pretty confident i have no boost leaks based on my logs and the oversized orings i forced onto every single connection point lol.
I think I should be good since you last read my log. But since I'm installing new parts and my boss coming out with this test cap, figured I would do any leak test just to make sure.

Thanks for the heads up! I have already did my TIC but I'll make sure to keep my ear out from the turbo inlet. Watching the Kies Motorsports video, the turbo inlet seems like a pretty straight forward install. Any tips or comments?
Appreciate 0