View Single Post
      11-13-2020, 04:42 PM   #49
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsrichierich View Post
I think I should be good since you last read my log. But since I'm installing new parts and my boss coming out with this test cap, figured I would do any leak test just to make sure.

Thanks for the heads up! I have already did my TIC but I'll make sure to keep my ear out from the turbo inlet. Watching the Kies Motorsports video, the turbo inlet seems like a pretty straight forward install. Any tips or comments?
MST inlet is fairly easy because its modular, i.e., so you can install the inlet to turbo piece and tighten that bolt without the silicone in the way. Similarly, its easier if you install the PCV hose onto the metal piece that goes into the inlet first (to tighten the annoying bolt), then slide the metal piece into the silicone after the inlet is installed. This is almost required because the MST silicone is so big you cant really force it into place with that metal piece in it. And to get the silicone piece onto the turbo inlet metal piece, put your fist inside the inlet and push toward the turbo while assisting with the other hand from outside the inlet. Of course, dont forget to put the hose clamp over the silicone in the correct orientation before putting that on or you will be taking it off all over again.

Also, i recommend replacing the PCV hose if yours is original. I basically broke mine removing stock inlet. You could probably remove it carefully, but i already had the new one on hand anyway.

I gave more detailed instructions in either the 'aftermarket inlet on stock turbo thread' or the 'anyone install MST inlet ????' thread (not exact thread names but close). I also have a full photo log in there.
Appreciate 1