03-16-2021, 04:09 PM   #11
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAB0 View Post
Wow.... The installation was a pain in the butt but that's because I decided to follow their YouTube video and install it from the top of the engine. Afterwards it was clear I should have put the car on ramps and gone at it from the bottom.

Thankfully mine sat flush and there were no fitment issues. How did Malo address this particular issue?

Thanks
Yeah the top down method is hard because there is like no space between the radiator fan and if you have big hands it will be a problem.

For me (if you go to my main thread) I will be doing the bottom up method so there will be alot more room, especially if you partially pull the radiator fan.

Malo addressed this issue by not putting that guide ring in, no guide ring means no chance for interference with the seal, and thus no chance for that to cause a fitment issue. The only negative is a bit more hassle during install but it shouldn't be a problem because all you have to do is push up on the tabs to line it up and you can tape it down just to hold it temporarily while you screw it down if you wish. Or just hold down the front while screwing it in.