05-22-2021, 07:47 PM   #3
fortythirtyfive
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 435i MS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squibby1996 View Post
I've been waiting for these to come out, seen one company but they wanted silly money for them so I'd be very interested, you thought of a price yet?
Morph? I could never understand their pricing until I tried recreating it in prepreg carbon myself.. I think the tooling setup alone was around £8,000 and then each trim came at around £750 per side. I guess if you mass produce it with a Chinese factory then you might be able to squash those costs down to like £450-500 each.

The biggest problem is you need to make each trim from a two piece mould, then you have to manually piece them together and then clear them.

Every other company I contacted refused quotation because the design twists and varies in thickness, it makes it impossible to make as a one piece sadly.

Price-wise.. during concept trials I have had costs cut to around £75 for a pair to help me out, however I am limited to 2 final concept pairs, once I am ready to make them I'll be charged around £90 per pair, then I've got my time put into finishing them plus painting costs. Realistically though I want to keep these as low cost as possible so they're not going to be much more than the production cost.