05-31-2021, 08:15 PM   #1
rjd_F30
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i 6MT

White Smoke From Exhaust After Hard Pulls

Hey all,

Looking for some insight on an issue I'm having with my 335i (N55 PWG). I've been having a problem lately where the car will emit a pretty startling amount of white smoke from the exhaust while parked and idling after hard driving. Not losing coolant and the oil looks perfectly fine, so I don't think it's a head gasket or anything water related. It doesn't smoke on startup, while driving, or while idling after mild/normal driving; only while idling after hard pulls and spirited driving. The smoke also has a burnt smell to it... not sweet like coolant, but I guess like burning oil (it's catless but it smells more burnt than the normal catless smell). I had a friend follow me while doing some pulls and he said there was no smoke at all coming from the exhaust. And finally, the car runs absolutely great, still pulls hard and smoothly. I'm taking it in to the shop tomorrow for diagnosis, but just wanted to get your guys' thoughts so I can maybe know what to expect. I'm thinking a turbo seal or PCV, but curious to hear what you all think.

Any and all input is appreciated! Thank you!

Mods are FMIC, DP, CP, Catback, BM3 S2 93.