View Single Post
      10-12-2021, 01:01 PM   #29
F30FoxCat
Rep
Drives: '18 F36 440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulkBen View Post
Yep, I have a "hybrid turbo" installed, just completed the job a week ago.
https://jmtcperformance.com/super-s-...er-2-l-engine/

It is bigger on both sides, but the intake side seems to be where the biggest gains are.
Car is a Mini Cooper S, running the second gen B48 - same as the 30i BMW's I believe (10.2:1 compression).

I have a "before dyno" figure, car is stage 2, running DP and large front mount intercooler, larger intake with 21 psi boost on 98 fuel. Our dynos in Australia read far lower than in the US (so pointless discussing the figure), but its the percentage increase which will be of interest.

I'm trying to install BM3, but having a massive pain of a time, waiting on more tech support from PTF. VIN is being picked up by the agent but for whatever reason BM3 won't link my VIN to my account.

The car was due to go on the dyno this Friday, but unless I get it going tomorrow evening that will be delayed.

Car will be running on E85 with the larger turbo, I am hoping to achieve a 25% increase from the larger turbo and E85 combo. Fingers crossed
definitely keep us updated on what the gains are, considering the pureturbo stage 2 on my b48.
Appreciate 0