View Single Post
      02-09-2022, 09:28 PM   #8
danallxt
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240x, 2007 Honda VFR

I picked up my M240x today. Had the 1VZ option and i was going to report back here as to front tire/wheel size, specifically if 8 or 8.5 inch wheel. Others have posted that the 8.5 likely will not work on the front due to the 40ET.

So what did i get, dealer screwed up, i did not get the 1vz option. It is listed on my sheet from the dealer when i placed the order (S01VZ).

Well i look the car over and see it has 225/40s on the front. What really pisses me off, very early in track my BMW i noticed no mention of that, rather it just mentioned "standard". I specifically called twice to have the salesperson verify if i was getting the 1VZ option. She said yes.

Didn't happen, my car list as built shows a ZWH tire/wheel??? Which is 225/40 front.
So i point out this problem and get no-where as there is no recognition that 245 front is an option. She is insisting that what i got is actually the 1VZ and they just don't stay consistent with the codes and that so that is why it says ZWH instead of 1VZ. Then was saying no way you want wider fronts than the rears???? My reply was look at the order guide 245 front/255 rear...whaddya talking about? Like she didn't have a concept of 245vs255vs225? Anyway i got no where with her and said screw it and took the car as is. Simply put somehow she screwed the order up, i think she was thinking as long as its style 792 wheel its fine, my guess is that is what she checked on and did not have the awareness of the 1VZ option being a wider front. Simply there was no recognition on here part that 245 front was a No Cost option. Having said all that, perhaps 1VZ is not a wider front and the order guide is wrong???? When someone gets a 1VZ optioned car, please let me know.

I did get the summer non-run flats at least. In her favor i think she was focused on NonRFT tires with the 792 style wheel and that is what she checked on and missed the 245s specific to 1VZ.
Appreciate 0