VIERsr
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by danallxt View Post
Just to respond again, I specifically emailed BMW Genius on this issue and wanted clarification on what the 1VZ option was as it appears in error as listed in the Order Guide: the response follows:

NOTE: The above information is totally wrong. That response I just got today. So your saying its my/our fault for not doing proper research when even at this later date BMW Genius is still giving out incorrect information??? Not impressed.

Yes that problem is now known, but remember when most of us ordered these cars there was no track record or cars received with that option to validate. Going to a supposed BMW "knowledgeable source" obviously is of no use.

I'm not irked but it created a situation between me and the dealer where i was wrong and questioned the dealer. I ended up apologizing, but the source of the problem is BMW itself.
Sorry but I don't get your point.
Double-checking the info means comparing the US price guide to the other markets (UK, Germany, AU), and you would have found that only in the US one did they mention the 245 front tires with the 1VZ option, so there was probably something weird going on (first flag).
Also, the wider tires come with extra lips, and the extra lips are not mentioned with the 792M, so probably the car doesn't come with the wider tires (second flag).
Plus, there are plenty of photos and videos online since the press release (July 2019) where you can perfectly see that the car with the 792 rims and non runflat high performance tires (1VZ) rides on 225s.
We had already discussed this here in December, I hadn't seen the car in person yet (the first G42s arrived in Europe only at the end of January), and it's confirmed that it was as I said and that the Bmw geniuses are not so "genius"...
It was totally clear to me from the beginning, I'm not smarter than you, I just don't trust everything I read and used logic.

Fun fact: when I had the 1M they wanted to put 10W60 oil on my engine "because it's an M car, Bmw recommends this oil for M cars".
Ok but this isn't an M engine, it's the same N54 engine as the 335i, would you put 10w60 on a 335i?
"Also your owner's manual and our service guide say to use 10w60". Please use your brain and double check with Bmw.
Long story short, I was right and Bmw changed the recommendation later with a note to all dealers.
Appreciate 0