02-15-2022, 05:52 PM   #122
steelatx
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Launch_Addict View Post
Hello and glad I found this Forum and thread! Perhaps you can give me a bit more detail on the $200 illuminated trim option. I just ordered a 2022 m240i last Saturday. I also got the $200 option. I asked the salesman what would be in the door panels if I did NOT get this option, and he said it would just be "dark". Is that the case, or is there some other ambient lighting in the panels at night? Is the $200 worth it?

I do like the badge color that shows in your door, and that is on day and night, am I correct? Can you change it, or turn it off and on? Thanks for your help. I just joined the forum so haven't yet posted anything on my m240i build, but I will. This is actually my first post
Welcome and congrats on the order! It's not dark there's little dots and they can be changed to a number of available colors like orange, blue, green, purple etc. I'll share a photo later if no one else gets one to you sooner. The same illuminated door card is also used on the 2 series gran coupes if you wanted to see it in action in person.
Appreciate 1