View Single Post
      03-03-2022, 07:23 PM   #17
BMWM.D.
Stupid Idiot
Rep
Drives: E90 335i & 6th Gen ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkgriss View Post
I noticed the same in mine that I picked up in November. In December, I had it investigated and was told that it was a "loose valve" within the right rear shock. In January, the replacement shock finally arrived and was replaced. I immediately noticed improvement and that the "thump sound" was significantly reduced but did not go away completely. In fact, it seems to me to have gotten slightly worse since the replacement, though still not anywhere near the level it was when I first got the car. I intend to put a few more miles on the car to see what happens.

I could be incorrect, but based on my experience, I believe there could be something faulty in the design of the shock. Especially after seeing the number of other people who are experiencing the same.

That’s good info. I do find it hard to believe that this many of us got defective right rear shocks, but it is a unique part number from what I remember. So I guess it’s possible a big run of that part number weren’t built to specification or something.

I don’t think I’m going to do anything about my car at the moment, though I may check the availability of that shock and mount. I feel like I should put some more miles on mine before I start replacing parts. I’m at about 600 miles right now.
Appreciate 0