Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavatron1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver_M5 View Post
Is there any difference between the M sport brakes option on the car vs the M performance brake package that's an accessory? I would have thought it's the same though the photo seems to show cross drilled rotors compared to the standard vented discs on the car. Not sure if the photo is actually just generic image or the actual ones. Also I don't know if it uses different pads compared to the M sport brakes. I was under the impression that M Perf kit was for those who didn't get them on say a 230i and wanted them later.
I don't seem to suffer the soft brake feel on my m240. For a reference I have previously owned a M3CS and a M3competiton both f80 cars.

I really think on a track it might be different when pushed hard over many laps however I am using my car as a spirited daily not a track car.

I have taken a photo of my "black" front wheel and brake vs a m440i from the dealer I went to today as a reference. I think they are the same.

I am also again adding the image of a upgrade from the BMW web site. Maybe those still unsatisfied and with track aspiration could head this way. Or, upgrade to a race pad with dot 5 fluid.

Hope this all helps
Now my m240 brake. Sorry I could not load in last post.

Just for a reference of ultimate brakes, I include a photo of the system on the M5 competition.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0