View Single Post
      03-07-2022, 02:53 PM   #4
Floxy
Rep
Drives: 2012 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpirx View Post
I am in the same boat!
I had a Stealth Hitch for my 19' F22 and it worked great with my 1Up bike rack.
Emailed StealthHitch a while ago about a G42 version with no response as of yet.

I have a local hitch installer that has done a lot of StealthHitch installs and is interested in trying to see if my F22 StealthHitch will be adaptable for the G42. I'm a bit skeptical, since they are different platforms, but I think it's worth a try. I'm going this week, and if we achieve success, I'll let you know.

The frustrating thing is yes!, a drop out type hitch is available in the European market. Go to the BMW UK website and build a G42 on the configurator and a hitch and a tray style bike rack is an option. At some point we may be able to order the parts from overseas, but at this early stage in the game, it's not an easy task to find, ship and install this accessory here in the US. Yes, I believe the cut out on the rear bumper is for a hitch.

Other bike hauling options are really big compromises for me. I could stuff a bike in the back of my F22 with the front wheel off, but that's messy and a hassle, to do on a regular basis. Never been a fan of roof racks, especially since I park in a garage below my apartment with limited clearance. The Seasucker, suction cup mount is intriguing, but also basically a roof mount.

Right now I'm just using my wife's car with a hitch to haul bikes, until a solution for the M240 comes around.
There are definitely cons of roof mounts but I’d highly recommend looking at Sea Sucker. I’ve used one extensively and am a big fan.
Appreciate 1
Jashue202.50