View Single Post
      03-22-2022, 05:47 PM   #1140
3RDSECTOR
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330i M-Sport (G20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
From the thread "Domagoj Dukec: "Good Design isn't about Pretty or Ugly"".

The quoted part: what Dukec said in the 2021 interview:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Quote:
"Early on in my career, there were always rules, almost design laws. This always must be parallel; this is forbidden; you can't put three lines to one point. But later on I learned that, actually, [COLOR="DarkRed"]there are no rules[/COLOR]. Everything is possible.
In my eyes, the 4 Series Coupé really isn't as radical as it is made out to be by the the media. It's a very elegant car with very good proportions. The only thing that could be perceived as unconventional is the shape of our kidney grille.
It makes me wonder, in a way, how people are so superficial that [COLOR="DarkRed"]they judge on one detail[/COLOR]. It's like judging a human being on one thing – big nose, long legs, big head. You wouldn't say to a chef, 'Okay, this three-course menu is great, but what is your favourite ingredient?' [COLOR="DarkRed"]Salt is just salt[/COLOR]; a tomato is just a tomato. It's really the composition of all the ingredients that is important.
I always admired Karl Lagerfeld for what he did at Chanel, but also for his attitude. [COLOR="DarkRed"]He didn't care what people thought.[/COLOR] Because the truth is, if you want to create something that is really daring or bold, people will follow if you're [COLOR="DarkRed"]confident enough to know what the brand deserves[/COLOR]."
Imagine a chef deciding to make excessive/disproportionate use of salt "to make a statement", explaining "there are no rules - I don't care what people think - I'm confident enough to know what this restaurant deserves".

Subsequently watch how people in the restaurant react.
This clown needs to be stopped.
Appreciate 1
ergarza102.00