Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Exotic high end cars which have electric parking brakes have used other solutions, like an additional mini-caliper on the rear wheel just for that function only. I don't know that there is any fixed-caliper design out there with an incorporated electric parking brake.
My other car has this sort of arrangement along with an [COLOR="DarkRed"]old fashioned hand brake[/COLOR]. It does have hill hold so must be electronic too.

The g80 seems to stop pretty well though, so I can't think this will be much of an issue.
Congratulations, limited run Vantage and a M2 CS 👌🏻 I have no I idea why you still slumming over here with the commoners. J/k 😉

I did a little research on your comment because it peaked my curiosity and correct me if I'm wrong but I don't see any signs of a manual handbrake with a physical lever on the Vantage model, just mentions of e-brake system.

And also, I was mistaken before, no current car manufacturer that I know of has an e-brake setup with just a fixed piston caliper, without the ancillary "mini caliper" to support the parking brake function.

It's a hard necessity apparently and in the case of BMWs, unfortunately never going to happen due to cost restraints. 😔
Appreciate 0