05-27-2022, 09:46 AM   #109
steelatx
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewC1989 View Post
Lol, are you trying to say ppl are leaving BMW in droves and running to Porsche? Most BMW owners are not cross shopping with Porsches, only wealthy people can afford a real Porsche. The typical BMW owner can probably only afford a cayman or a macan, neither of which is both practical and sporty. BMWs are good all rounders that are reasonably priced. You're not getting your kids and golf clubs in then back seat of a cayman or 911 and you're not having fun canyon carving in a macan or cayenne. You can do all of that in a bmw M car and it will cost you much less.
I agree that bmw is more affordable for thr performance. Bang for your buck. But as a single person that doesn't golf, I am Def looking at Porsche. Yes.. A Cayman with a 4cyl is more $$ than the m240i, but there's still that feel of an analog sport car experience that you lose with bmw.

BMW is catering more towards the non-enthusiasts who just want the badge. Porsche can afford to cater to their core audience. Enthusiasts and people who really really want that badge lol 😂.

Porsche also still offers European delivery. I love my m240i and hope to drive the heck out of it for years to come, but if Porsche announces they are axing gas cars in the very near future, I may jump ship.
Appreciate 1
Spiffx448.00