06-10-2022, 11:17 AM   #64
kiw1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISH22 View Post
I have used the matte body wash as a foam, but it's not great. I have a gallon of chemical guys matte soap purely for foaming. This is the only non-Dr Beasley's product I use on my frozen white.

I honestly rarely use final finish. The key with a matte finish are frequent washes, and less touching of the paint with quick detailers (too much abrasive friction). I use final finish shortly after washes on possible dust or spots. But I do not touch the car again till it's next wash when I have a ton of suds and foam. This tactic has worked out very well. My car is a daily, 50+ miles a day, sits outside, has over 12k miles, and literally still looks new. (No added gloss)

Where most people screw up is touching the paint too much, which theoretically polishes the paint. And as you know, any swirls or scratches are there forever.

It look me a lot to be comfortable with having a dirty car for up to 2 weeks, and understanding that I'm actually taking better care of it with this approach.

For perspective; I have coated the entire car with Dr Beasley's paint coating pro kit (the $500 one), and every 3-5 months I do a spray of their advanced coat matte. I also never dry with a microfiber, I use a CR Spotless resin filter system for the final rinse. Again, less contact with the paint.
Thanks for responding. I have a full body XPEL Stealth wrap so my situation is a little different, but appreciate your experience regarding foaming. I think I'll use Mr Pink Super Suds as it's pH balanced for my initial foaming and then rinse it off and then apply the Dr Beasley's. I was thinking about using the final finish on roadtrips when I need to touch up the bumper (damm bugs).

My interior is perfect, so have not had a chance to use the COLORLOCK yet.

What do you use for wheels? I have been using Chemical Guys Sticky Citrus cleaner which seems to well
2012 Audi A4 Avant - SOLD
Insta: mtn_m3cx
Appreciate 1
FISH225416.50