View Single Post
      11-23-2022, 12:08 PM   #289
Denver Coutu
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 G42 M240i, 1997 E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albator_IIII View Post
Yes, this is settings off alarms bells as well as reported last minute extortion extra fees prior to delivery of custom order vehicles. 4th is the highest standing, but the SA assigned to me is the newest on the team. I do not have the strongest vibe from that store.
Yes it seems very odd. I would not consider you a on my waitlist without a deposit. I am not sure about your province but in Ontario we have OMVIC so your dealer fees could not increase from the first signed BOS to a delivery BOS. Only MSRP pricing could change if the factory changes pricing but you should be aware of that before production. I would be insistent on placing a $1000 deposit and getting a signed BOS from them with a manager signature. With no deposit there is no sold date.

Quote:
I know but I am still dreaming. The Mexico plant is supposed to be the most advanced and surely has the capability to have Individual paint at some point.
Mexico plant will get individual in the future but i do not expect it for 2023.

Quote:
I was quoting M4 allocation. Different vehicle but what else can I make some assumptions for prediction? As a dealer insider, feel free to help us out.
Yea it is hard to say for allocation. BMW has three types of dealerships in Canada and that determines how many allocations they will get. There is class A, B and C. A dealerships are the largest and get the most allocations.

As for advice, I think leaving a deposit at each store in your area or even a few hours drive is a smart idea as long and you are sure you will get your deposits back from the other stores once one gives you an allocation. I would recommend finding the best client advisor you can. TBH most sales people kinda suck and do the bare minimum and are not up to date with vehicles and inventory. Depending on the stores size they will receive HEA spec allocations. I am at a class A store so i am expecting we will get 1-3 HEA spec M2. HEA spec are pre-built cars that cannot be adjusted. When the M240i launched we got 10 HEA spec units. A smaller store might not get any HEA units.
HEA spec units do not follow the rules of the waitlist because the customer cannot build the spec. What will happen is our store will get HEA spec info either once they are about to start production or two weeks before they arrive at the store(it varies). Once they are added to the system they are a free-for-all for the sales team to sell. Whichever client advisor goes to the manager first to tag the car as sold under their client will get the HEA unit. The client advisor will reach out to their customer with deposits and ask if they want to take the HEA spec instead of waiting for a designed unit. The HEA spec might not be the colour or options they want so not everyone will take the HEA spec. HEA specs are usually loaded units. I would expect the HEA package to be like premium package with carbon trim and a few other items. If our store gets 3 then they will probably be a different colour for each unit. I would expect white, black and red/blue. SO if you can find a good CA and as soon as their stores HEA specs drop they call you and ask if you want it you could get one of the first M2's.
Bigger stores will be the HEA specs.

If you tell me your stores near you and can let you know what size they are.

Hope this helps.
Appreciate 4