Rep
Drives: Audi S4

Garage List
2015 Audi S4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_U_D View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtdragon View Post
To say it's common sense is a bit much. But definitely if you wanted the new M2 you'd have been following it for a while and should have been calling the dealers months ago

Per my opinion, I disagree, especially if one has been around marque at length. We have several repeat M clients that beginning speaking with us regarding the next M version prior to the non-M launching. Generally those individuals place a deposit when the non-M launches, myself included.
I get it's your opinion but none of that is "common sense" lol.

What you're talking about are hardcore people. I started looking at the M240 but then heard the new M2 was coming out. So I decided to wait and see if I like it. In the meantime I researched performance benefits, weighted the pros and cons of each car and made my decision.

I was trying to work with a local salesperson but the one I talked to was out on leave. I started working with someone else and after I got to the dealership and talked to the salesperson they told me the store is going to be charging ADM. So I called around all different locations that would be convenient for me.

That sounds more like common sense. Calling around after you know about something. But to look at the pattern of how the sales have gone, which for the M2, there wasn't a pattern since it's only the second gen. I've done this when I bought new electronics and it's because I'm nerdy and want to have the new tech sooner than later. But definitely not something a normal fan would do.
Appreciate 0