View Single Post
      12-16-2022, 10:48 AM   #156
aerobod
Car Geek
Rep
Drives: Caterham R500, M2-G87, Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
How many times have we been over the fact that TR changes significantly under different lighting? The photos are 100% accurate in that lighting. In bright sun there will be an orange hue but I would argue that's the best light for this color as it totally pops like few reds can. If you absolutely loathe any degree of orange then yes this isn't the color for you but if you like a red that can look dark red in dark settings and pop bright in the sun then you will be extremely happy with this color. I got way more paint complements of my TR X3M than I ever received from my LBB M2. In fact the only other vehicle I have owned that got more paint comments was my Grabber Blue Mustang in the day.
I totally agree with you, although I haven't managed to view a vehicle in TR, I have taken the dealer metal display sample and looked at in various light conditions. As a colour it varies more than any other standard metallic I have seen, but I see that as a benefit. Different hues of slightly orange-red through deep bright red to slightly brown-red, depending on the lighting. This variance in colour convinced us (my wife likes orange hues) to specify TR over BG or any of the other colours offered.
Appreciate 1
heavyD^23688.50