View Single Post
      03-10-2023, 05:54 PM   #1
XC3LLR8
Banned
Rep
Drives: Super73

A few days ago I contacted IND to see if they would email me the instructions for installing the yellow DRL and they followed through almost immediately. I wanted to see what all was involved prior to spending the money, and since it didn't look too bad I gave it a shot.

The tiny circuit boards arrived today wrapped in about 6 feet of bubble wrap, so I headed to the garage. Everything was straightforward and the process followed the instructions perfectly. The instructions said I could pull back the fender liner to access the heatsink, but that would have made the process 10x more difficult, so I opted for removing the whole liner, which was super simple. The instructions also stated it may help to loosen the headlight assembly to allow a little more room to remove the heatsink, but I was able to carefully wiggle-out the heatsink w/o touching the headlight screws.

I did the left side first and it took maybe an hour with reading instructions, taking pictures, and going pretty slow just to make sure I didn't make any mistakes. Doing the right side was maybe 20 minutes.

It's hard to get a really accurate representation of light in basic pictures, but it looks really good in person. I was a little hesitant about them being yellow rather than amber, but they stand out from lots of other cars/SUV's that have amber DRL's which are the same color as their blinkers. Here the DRL's are yellow and change to amber while blinking.

I'll edit this post with install pics from my phone, with the last picture of the car head-on facing the sun as I wanted to see how they stood out in bright light, which they did great.

https://ind-distribution.com/collect...led-module-set
Attached Images

Last edited by XC3LLR8; 03-11-2023 at 01:42 PM..
Appreciate 14