View Single Post
      04-03-2023, 12:00 PM   #314
eddj
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2025 M4C xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttle House Thomas View Post
Hey Everyone, Thomas from Throttle House here. Our review of the M2 was very thoroughly thought out, and we stand by the things we said. Drop your questions here and I'll try to answer them.

To address one thing re: lugging the engine in 4th. We also did the same in second gear the moment before and you can see how unresponsive the powertrain is at low revs. The 4th gear pull was just a way of REALLY showing it off. For reference my OG M2 pulls hard almost immediately at lower revs. Off boost turbocharged motors feel really dull. And the amount of off-boost in this engine is much larger than normal. But feel free to respond and I'll partake in discussion!
This car is very important to me, and I'm not pleased with a few of the choices BMW has made in the development of the new one. At this point, I probably wont chat about styling too much, because as you saw... I kind of said it all already...
Don't worry, some of the ones who already placed an order on this car without having patience to see enough many reviews, comparisons to other cars, wait for the LCI/Comp/CS models down the line will always bash the reviews which say anything negative about their " on order baby " .
Appreciate 1