04-29-2023, 07:30 AM   #44
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 ZB M2 6-speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggripper View Post
Why not plan your road trip with a dealer stop incorporated into your journey? Plan an out-and-back trip with a dealer along they way around the 1200 mile mark so you can drive your M2 like you stole it all the way home.
That can work. Or not.

Left San Jose CA on a road trip east. I stopped at the Ford dealer in Needles and got my Mustang serviced no problem. (Almost bought a Lightning F150 while there...)

Years later I left KC MO area and headed to Oregon in my Porsche Boxster and the car needed a service when I pulled into Bend OR. Stopped at the Porsche dealer to get a service and the reception was down right chilly. "We don't do quicky lube jobs." Some back and forth and finally I was told one Porsche tech was out for training and the other was out sick. I asked if a BMW tech could do the service? Not like it was that complicated. I had done one or two already by that time at home.

Was told no. Porsche tech or not going to get done. Left. Completed my business in Eugene and then headed south into CA. Stopped at Niello Porsche in Sacramento. Was treated like I was royalty. What a great service experience. (Years later bought a MINI JCW from the Niello MINI dealer and had a very good experience.)

And more recently last January on my way to CA to help a family member move stopped at the MINI dealer in Albuquerque and got my MINI S serviced and the service experience was just great.

Service while on a trip is possible but best to call ahead and get an appointment.
Appreciate 1