Rep
Drives: G87, G26, E46, Mk6 5K

Garage List
2023 M2  [8.66]
2022 i4 40  [8.33]
2001 325Cic  [6.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
Why are cars built in Mexico in the first place? To save money. Period. Less government regulation, cheaper labor, etc. THAT is the reason to feel apprehensive, if there is one at all. Quit screaming "racist!" at the drop of a hat. So tiring.
I didn’t read what he actually said as screaming “racist” (your quotes, not his). He did say that what OP shared, in fact admitted, was implicit racial bias. Not the same thing, and I think you reflexively coming
back at him accusing him of calling someone racist is an actual problem.

Hope this doesn’t derail but it’s actually really important.

“What is Implicit Racial Bias
It is important to distinguish implicit racial bias from racism or discrimination. Implicit biases are associations made by individuals in the uncon- scious state of mind. This means that the individ- ual is likely not aware of the biased association.
Implicit racial bias can cause individuals to un- knowingly act in discriminatory ways. This does not mean that the individual is overtly racist, but rather that their perceptions have been shaped by experiences and these perceptions potentially result in biased thoughts or actions.
No one is immune from having unconscious thoughts and associations, but becoming aware of implicit racial bias creates an avenue for ad- dressing the issue.”

-Bailey Maryfield, M.S.
Justice Research and Statistics Association

Ps. You also left off how close Mexico is to BMWs 3rd largest market, the USA and Trade Agreements among other major reasons.
Appreciate 8
JustinHEMI7453.00
EXE462104.50
FastTyger150.50
NoMoreVW103.50
M2siast6003.50