View Single Post
      08-11-2023, 10:42 AM   #35
GT3M2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G87 M2, 996 Turbo, 1290 SDR

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCuv View Post
It’s not a matter of understanding - it’s what’s more enjoyable. An M2 is not a track prepped Porsche cup car that is trailered to events. It’s a relatively inexpensive fun daily. Autos on the street simply are not fun. I’ve driven several turbo PDK cars- you do one launch control, you smack paddles around for a couple shifts, you put it in auto and yawn and sip a coffee. Get a camry for that.
You are not the one who decides what is more enjoyable, the individual is who chooses what they do and don’t enjoy.

Most people buy the m2 because they are performance car and or performance driving enthusiasts.

For what it’s worth I’ve seen plenty of videos of M2’s hassling track prepped gt3’s around race tracks and I can tell you they are absolutely on the same page.

Hence, my user name…

I have spent a lot of time behind the wheel and instructing in pdk gt3’s and I never once had a client or customer complain about the lack of manual box, quite the opposite, when you actually are using all of your talent to steer, brake, turn, and accelerate the car, the paddles add to the experience.

If you want me to believe you that manuals are more fun show me a video of you driving a manual car on track at speed on the limit and I’ll believe you, until then you’re just fast enough to appreciate the benefit.

-GT3M2
Appreciate 2
rcouchh2381.00