View Single Post
      08-11-2023, 11:59 AM   #36
KCuv
Platinum Member
Rep
Drives: Tacoma

again - the majority of M2 buyers aren't in cup car series - so to post a video of doing a track day that might be done once a year is ridiculous and completely irrelevant to my claim that autos on the street are boring. This is a car that is meant to be fun on the street. spirited driving, commuting, having a backseat for the kiddo to go to cars & coffee, or for ice cream, etc.

the Tesla comment above, though sarcastic, summarizes it nicely. lets buy a fast street car to mash the pedal down and have zero other input on the street, takes zero involvement from the driver, and questions why buy one of the last great cars to be offered in a manual at all, if its not a manual? its not the best at literally anything, its a fairly mediocre car - its great BECAUSE its manual and rwd.

edit - I should mention 911s are my all time favorite - and I stand by my sentiment there too. Unless you're towing a car for heavy track day use - as great and iconic as 911s are, to order one for the street in an auto trans is just plain corny. the whole cars utter being is revolved around feeling, driver involvement, etc - its why Porsche is one of the last brands to offer manuals to begin with.
Appreciate 1
Bumpinjeep5669.50