08-21-2023, 09:20 AM   #11
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 ZB M2 6-speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by twlai View Post
i am thinking about put in an order for m2?
what is the current situation on pricing?
are dealers taking msrp? or $1-2k off msrp?

i am in boston area.

thanks!
No ordering experience. But for the M2 HEA car on its way to a 200 mile distant dealer and a car that I wanted to buy the back and forth with the dealer there was no ADM (was none to begin with IIRC). Tint, some kind of interior treatment, and nitrogen filled tires all adding around $1500 to the car I declined. When the salesman insisted these are required I told him then I was not interested in buying the car and would buy elsewhere.

So I got the car at sticker with a $499 fee.

I made sure all details on the quote form were filled in and correct. My name, address, phone number, the VIN of the car, and other details. Price. Add-ons ($0). Fees. No sales tax was collected. That I would pay here in AR after I get the manufacturer's title. Oh, and my trade in (2022 BMW 230i) details were listed and the trade in value -- subject to inspection. (I had sent a number of pictures of the 230i to the dealer so it had those to go by. At least initially.)

Salesman said a partial payment was required. Seem to recall it was $2000. After I checked and double checked the quote form I wrote that I agreed to the deal with the numbers on the form and supplied my AMEX card info for the dealer to use for the partial payment. I added I'd pay the balance with a personal check drawn on my AR bank and supplied the name, address, phone number of the bank. Scanned this document and emailed the salesman a PDF of the document.

Seem to recall I got word back the deal was good to go. A few days later, maybe almost a week later, I called the dealer/salesman about the partial payment. It had not been processed. Salesman said thanks and later than day I got an alert from AMEX a $2000 charge with card not present had been made.

About a month later (about April 14) dealer called and said I could come up and complete buying the car. Pretty much the hard work had already been done.

Not quite apples to apples but more recently my sister visited the local BMW dealer and built and ordered a 2023 X4 M40i. No ADM. No goofy dealer installed options. I don't recall the price but it was sticker. She had a trade in that she was quoted a tentative trade in value which was on par with what her research indicated was market.

Vehicle arrived after a couple of months and completing the purchase was just a formality. Hand over keys/title to trade in. Sign some forms. Make out a check. Done.
Appreciate 0