08-23-2023, 07:15 AM   #74
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 ZB M2 6-speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axylus View Post
How are you guys measuring mpg? In the car, it shows me ~18 mpg when setting the odometer display to ‘miles since refueling’; and that’s with a ~50/50 split between sport (everything on sport mode, not sport+) and efficient (everything on lowest setting) engine mode usage. However on the BMW app, it states my consumption is 22 mpg. The mileage sample size is the same because I just received the car from the dealership. What is more accurate?

Anybody that has baby’d the car, what is your approximate mpg and range?

I don't baby my M2 but my spirited driving is limited. Car is very quick. Roads, traffic just don't lend themselves to my hooning around. Pretty much I give the engine the whip for a gear (manual transmission) or two when accelerating onto the freeway -- traffic permitting of course and it doesn't always -- but that's about it.

Using the individual fuel mileage display which I note after fill up then reset before leaving gas station, the last 3 fill ups:

21.8mpg
152.3 miles
7.063g (calculated MPG: 21.56)

22.1mpg
199.6 miles
8.881g (22.47)

23.5mpg
125.0 miles
5.555g (22.5)

By way of comparison my 2023 MINI JCW 6-speed last fill up:

26.4mpg
27.6mph (average speed)

I didn't note the miles driven or gallons of fuel required to fill up the tank.

I use both cars pretty much the same. The JCW occasionally gets unleashed a bit when accelerating up to speed entering a freeway but otherwise I just drive it normal.

Neither car gets the high miler treatment. Both cars have the auto stop/start disabled.

The M2 gas mileage ain't bad. My 2020 Scat Pack (6-speed manual) and my 2018 Hellcat (8 speed automatic) under the same usage here managed ~15mpg. My 2022 BMW 230i (8 speed automatic) bested the M2 -- no surprise -- and the JCW (a bit of a surprise) by a couple of mpg.

So compared to the Hellcat, Scat Pack, my M-B cargo van (empty as I just used it for a daily driver), the M2 does very well in the gas mileage department.

Pretty sure all things being equal an automatic equipped M2 would do better in the gas mileage department.
Appreciate 0