Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: A Family Sedan

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [9.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerobod View Post
Without a custom licence plate, I did get called in in 2008 by a few people when I had my Z4M. It ended up being a "friendly call" from the Calgary Police Service saying they had received a number of comments about my spirited driving, in which the policeman commented on how nice and distinctive cars can attract a lot of attention. They must have a list of some form, as I did have police cars on a couple of occasions follow me for a while along quite complex routes to make a point.

I toned things down quite a bit (no more "friendly calls") and my city fuel consumption went from 17 l/100km (about 14 US mpg) to about 12 l/100km and my tyre life with no track days in it went from 7,000km to 15,000km.
LOL yeah that’s what I’m talking about. I had a custom plate in Winnipeg. Had a visit from the cops at home to discuss. The person that called lied and said I was eating in the car and such. Just short of calling in saying I had a gun… lol

In BC I got a letter once in the mail. Should’ve kept it. Funny, the deputy was saying that a person had called in saying I was following too close and passed them at high speed, and when they passed me back I was smiling and waved back at them.

All true. I usually smile and wave back when people are road raging and saying I’m #1…

Figured I wouldn’t make it easier for them by giving them an easy plate. Justin’s idea is a good one lol
Appreciate 2
aerobod3721.00