View Single Post
      08-29-2023, 11:45 PM   #18
Coconut
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNameG42 View Post
I am still new to M240, only have it for one month yesterday, so whatever reasons I choose M240 over others still remain, and it’s going to remain for foreseeable future.

My budget likely won’t improve anytime soon, so the Ones out of my price range currently will remain so.

The Ones in similar price range like say Supra, which I like it very much but I don’t fit it very well (6’4”) and that isn’t going to change anytime soon. The new Z is kinda meh to me at best.

The Ones in the lower range like IS350, tho I am in love with its styling but its beauty literally only skin deep, both interior and performance have left a lot to be desired. Maybe Lexus would improve both in the next Model or more likely ceases to exist.

Personally and I think some others in here might be in the same shoes, that M240 wasn’t on their radar 3~4 years ago, for whatever reasons weren’t too interested in then current model, but obviously it changed with the now current model, and I think that may happen in couple years as well, some future model changes may once again catch our eyes that aren’t currently so.

One of more likely candidate is the M2, its kinda naturally so for some M240ers, for me the main thing is the lack of availability, if I can get it like the way I gotten M240 (it was already arrived at Port State side when I put in deposit)? I would take M2 in a hart beat, but having to wait a year, more likely 18 months, just doesn’t fit in my particular situation.
I had a 2021 IS350 F-Sport (new redesign) prior to the M240i and while the exterior looked fantastic the drivetrain felt extremely dated, which it is. It made all the sense to get it though for reliability reasons but by an off chance, I test drove a 2022 M240i and that really showed how far out to touch Lexus has become in the performance coupe/sedan segment. Even the IS500 gets beats out in every performance metric by the m240i/m340i all while getting WORSE gas mileage. I was genuinely not excited to drive my brand new IS350. It’s been about 8 months since I’ve had my M240i and I’m still excited to drive it.