View Single Post
      09-02-2023, 02:18 PM   #113
HardBoiled
Rep
Drives: G42 M240i (E92 M3 sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danallxt View Post
I agree, many are pretty minor, you have hit on the biggies i have noticed, with the exception of NVH. I prefer to have vibrations muted perhaps because i had a car that had bad vibrations that i spent a considerable sum (and time) trying to eliminate with no luck (tires/wheels re balanced, then new tires, driveshaft change, engine/tranny mounts changed, driveline angles reset, rear gears replaced etc). Now I appreciate muted Noise/vibration/harshness (NVH) damping after that experience.
Yeah fair take. There’s a hard balance for an M performance car to strike. I think that’s why they tuned the dampers the way they did for a busy ride to feel “sporty” when a lot of the other road feedback had been muted. Personally I think they should’ve made the ride as smooth as possible, and I’m glad they got rid a lot of road NVH, but they should’ve introduced a bit of engine NVH imo. Their solution was of course the fake noise via speakers (nice that can be turned on and off at will) but doesn’t have the right timbre of true mechanical noises—isn’t too pleasing
Appreciate 0