09-03-2023, 11:39 AM   #15
Vudumonkey25
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i x Mercedes CLS550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruebarb View Post
The PNP harness depends on your radio, do you have the Base, 676 or 688 (HK)?

The LOC is a line out converter, since our radios don't have rca (low level) outputs, we need to use a tap or the pnp harness to get the (high level) signal from the factory wire.

You can use a LOC to convert the factory high level output to a RCA. Then send that to a standard amp.

Some amps can now receive a High level signal, like the Kicker Key 500.1, so you don't need to convert it, therefore you don't need a LOC. You no longer need to use a remote 12v signal from the ignition to turn on the amps any more, this Kicker Key senses the factory signal and goes on and off with the factory radio.

Materials: simply, speaker and power/grnd wires with lugs, fuse holder, amp that can receive high level signal, PNP harness, crimp/solder, basic wiring supplies
I have the 688 HK option.

Things have changed lol

I'll do some looking and see what I want to go with
'22 M240i BSM, Shadowline, Black 791M wheels, Red Calipers, ///M Carbon Front Lip, ///M Carbon Spoiler, ///MCarbon Door Sills, Milltek Catback w/Black Tips, Dinan Carbon Intake/Engine Cover, AA Catted DP, Dalher Valve Controller, OEM+ Strut Bar, Red Start/Stop, Floating center caps, TLG Mud Flaps, Black Badges, Led Projectors, 50th Emblems, Carbon Diffuser/Mirrors w/smoke signals/Side Wings/Cooling Shroud/KIES fire extinguisher, Yellow DRL
Appreciate 0