View Single Post
      09-13-2023, 08:35 PM   #13
kwikit356
Private
Rep
Drives: 23 M240ix 16 Porsche Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTGT2005 View Post
You would be hard pressed to be able to tell the difference between vernasca and sensatec. Modern leather in cars is highly treated and coated in an outer vinyl layer anyway. It's not like the uncoated top grain leather that came on the M cars of the past. I've sat in both and the sensatec actually felt more supple to me than the leather did. I can't say how both will wear over time, I'd guess probably similar. I just couldn't get my head around ordering a $55k car that came with faux leather.

Alcantara on the other hand I would stay away from on any high touch surfaces. It will suck up any sort of dirt and oils from skin permanently and never look the same. It would probably be okay for a seat inlay on a non-rub seat surface.

I agree on avoiding Alcantara on any high-touch surfaces like the steering wheel or shift knob. I always thought I would never order Alcantara on any car, but my '16 Porsche 981 Spyder has it on the seat centers (purchased used). So far I really love it, mostly because it keeps me in place much better than leather or vinyl/Sensatec would.

The whole interior choice is the same as exterior color choice: it's your car, get what you like.
Appreciate 0