View Single Post
      09-16-2023, 07:32 AM   #56
ZPD
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850i GC, 2023 G87

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2siast View Post
Premium increase? Well maybe things are different in the US.
I just replaced my windshield and will have no premium increase. Premiums only go up if it’s your fault. I thought it was the same in the USA.
I just went through this recently. Geico was charging more for M2 than my M850i which I daily drive. I started getting a new quote for all my cars and found that most was 30-40% cheaper than what I was paying now. My insurance had been creeping up the past several years and I just wasn't paying attention. Turns out that the insurance companies rates depend on the number of claims above or below $1000 not if it's your fault. I had 4 claims "under $1000" all of them were zero! 2 were windshield claims but the replacement was below my deductible, 1 was a tow for my son but he paid the tow truck directly (Geico roadside arranged the dispatch) and one was a question about if some road damage would be covered and they opened and closed the claim while on the phone with me. I did have an incident where I hit an animal 6 years ago and it was a $1200 claim. Overall these 5 claims ultimately raised my insurance by ~$3000 a year and I didn't catch on for a while. I have now switched companies and I am making an appeal with Lexus Nexus to get the 4 zero $ claims off of my record. The animal hit will fall off my record next June.
M2siast5997.50