Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Subaru BRZ, G87 M2

Garage List
2024 BMW G87 M2  [0.00]
2013 Subaru BRZ  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rate-of-Twist View Post
This is the hardest part when spec'ing a G87... I really wanted a "last of it's kind car" ie, a car that handles, a car with a bunch of horsepower, and a car with a manual transmission. The Camaro is gone (and was ugly and a Chevy) The Corvette is a dual clutch and $85k once you start to spec it out, the only Mustang worth a damn is the Dark Horse and is $70k spec'd right (no way with Ford's current build quality) The Cayman is gone and is a $90k plus car in the US anyway...

A M2 with a 6MT is "THE" car, but I haven't heard one person even remotely approve of the manual in the car. Pretty frustrating given I have to throw down the cash on a gamble and hope I picked right once its shows up and I have to do paperwork
I think it depends on where you're coming from and what your intentions are.

Coming from an old Subaru BRZ the manual in the M2 is excellent and I'm really enjoying it. It's not the fastest compared to the auto but I don't really care about 2/10ths of a second.

I don't think you'll be disappointed in the manual unless you're coming from something really excellent like an S2000 or a Porsche.
Appreciate 1