View Single Post
      10-28-2023, 09:37 AM   #8
VegasG42
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M240i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79 911SC View Post
My M240i Xdrive has the engine cooling and big brake package which means it did not come with run flat tires. After being stranded for 3.5 hours waiting for a tow, and my BMW dealer needing to order the tire, I decided I needed to have some sort of backup plan in the event I am on a road trip away from BMW or tire dealer.

There are a lot more resourceful people on this forum than I am - I just want to buy a fix and make it quick and easy. I found the company ModernSpare.com.

I bought the complete package with jack, wrench for lugs, carry bag, and 1" spacer so it will work with the big brake package.

The kit was missing the spacer I ordered when it arrived but they sent it as soon as I notified them.

I tried it on the front today and it seemed to work just fine. No rubbing but it's definitely not something I want on full time, you can tell it's there. My car is lowered and the jack is not a low profile jack so I will need to be creative with car placement when jacking up with a flat so it will get under the jack pad.

It was over $550 shipped but it will hopefully get me out of a bind if needed.
Is the spare the exact circumference as the factory wheel / tire ?
Appreciate 0