11-09-2023, 07:42 PM   #5
npcars
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4Cx / X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by azlightning213 View Post
Can't talk about a F87 M4 CS, but I came from a 2021 M340i to the G87 M2 and it's been night and day difference. G87, while heavy, feels agile and snappy - especially against the M340i. Major top end power compared to the M340i (both cars have/had stock engine) - but similar peppiness off the line (B58 is no slouch). Overall turn-in, handling, and chassis feel is way different compared to the M340i, as expected from a true M car. Also, you will be running to get gas WAY more than you were in the M340i - that thing was amazing for fuel efficiency. Also, the M2 is surprisingly spacious for what it is. I'm 5'10 220lbs (bodybuilder) and I can fit in the back row surprisingly lol. Good trunk space too. All in all, I don't regret a single thing about going from the M340i to the M2. Love this car
Thanks for this! This is a welcome comparison as well!
Yes the B58 is no slouch and can be peppy at times. However I don’t often push it because 1) I don’t trust the brakes much and 2) if I’m not in a straight line, I don’t feel comfortable pushing the lateral limits.

Funny you mention gas. Everyone raves about the B58 fuel economy…and I’m not too impressed. Averaging 23mpg. I commute 30 miles round trip 3x a week in stop and go traffic about 80% of that time. I expected better. Averaged 20mpg in the CS…granted, my commute wasn’t that big back then as I was full remote. BUT I would push the car every time I drove it! No light foot- all “show me what you got baby!” What are you averaging in the G87?
Appreciate 0