View Single Post
      01-13-2024, 09:02 AM   #82
differentialusername
Registered
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentland View Post
I call bull on any dealer response just now.
Mine said they pressure test it - which I don’t believe either as it’s not a hermetically sealed unit.

If they blow dry it, it suggests the unit has holes in it. In which case it’s bound to get moisture in it.
Yeah I tried checking the NHTSA website to see if there were any technical service bulletins regarding the headlights from the manufacturer but didn't see any for the G42. I just started getting some droplets in my passenger-side headlight after <2000 miles which has been infuriating.

We should file complaints with the NHTSA since it would put some regulatory pressure on BMW to address this issue. At the very least, we can get an estimate as to how many other people are dealing with the issue.

For those not familiar with the NHTSA website (updated links so they apply to the G42):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenetic View Post
The NHTSA actually stores all technical service information bulletins on their website. Well, I assume it’s all of them. I tried searching for the AC one, but couldn’t find it. However, that doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist as I’m sure there’s a delay in release versus winding its way through the bureaucracy of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

There are a lot of bulletins. If you scroll down and select MANUFACTURER COMMUNICATION, you can see them all. This is also where you can find safety complaints lodged by other owners and where your complaint will end up. If they receive enough complaints, it usually shows up here (or it should).

https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2023/B...Communications

For example, here’s the latest one: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...45376-0001.pdf

There’s a lot concerning the cooling system and coolant [regarding 2020 BMW X5], among other interesting notes. In any case, enjoy reading if you’re bored, or don’t read if you’re the “ignorance is bliss type.”

Last edited by differentialusername; 01-14-2024 at 08:41 AM..
Appreciate 0