Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: (G42) m240ix

Garage List
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by corihill92 View Post
Long story short, I wasn't aware that there was a speed limiter difference between the tire options when I purchased my 23 m240i.

I'm looking to see if there's a way to tune the limiter out of the car. Just don't Want to sink a lot in mods if it's not worth it.
Can't you can just go to the live vehicle app and change the tire speed settings to be > 100 mph manually there, or are we talking about a different Vmax setting here?

I bought my '23 m240ix fully kitted out with the ZTK package with Pilot Sports along with a set of winter tires. Come to find out that there was a manual setting to increase the speed limiter, which also increases the recommended tire pressure in the tire pressure monitor under the live vehicle app. I didn't realize this until playing around with the tire settings in iDrive a lot later. I've currently set my winter tires to the higher speed limiter mostly for consistency and cosmetics though I haven't really gone that speed.

Also I bought bimer code on black friday and as far as I can see in the generic configurables, there is no way to raise the speed limit from that.
Appreciate 0