RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 ZB M2 6-speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmoretea View Post
Any recommendations
Have several dial tire pressure gauges. The bigger the dial the better. Easier to read. Also I like the style that "remembers" the pressure so I can move the pressure gauge from the stem and bring up to read the dial.

Unfortunately all gauges in my cars and I can't recall any brand.

For new cars I almost invariably have to fuss with the tire pressures to get them all sorted.

It is important to strive to get the pressures the same. I am OCD when it comes to tire pressure differences. In my 230i and under way call up the tire pressure display it is with a sinking feeling I see tire pressure differences. Ok just 1 psi between the two front tires (35/36 and 1 psi between the two rear tires (39/38). But I remind myself to drive the car some. And after a bit the tire pressures update and because the car was parked in a garage all the tires are the same temperature and thus the pressures agree. 36/36 and 39/39.

You might look into taking the car to the dealer and asking for the tire pressures to be set. The techs have a tire gauge that can be set to a specific pressure and then the tire is filled with (or bled of) air to get the pressure spot on.

My sister has good luck with her X4 stopping at a nearby Discount Tire store and having the tire pressures set. Apparently this is a free service and she's quite happy with the service. And she's as OCD about tire pressures as I am. (You don't want to know the trouble I had keeping her (then) Infiniti EX35 tires properly inflated when we convoyed from CA to AR going from mild temperatures in the Central Valley of CA to Flagstaff (inches of snow on the hotel parking lot) then east. Spent more time fussing with tire pressures than driving...)

Pic of my M2's tire pressures. My 230i tire pressures are equally good (now) but I don't have a pic.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0