View Single Post
      01-27-2024, 12:47 PM   #6
Evilmoretea
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 2 Series (G42)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentland View Post
M Adaptive suspension is a £500+ option. There is no button for it anymore. It’s always working. Did you spec it?

From the book….
“The M Adaptive Suspension further increases the vehicle's dynamic potential with a stiffer spring and damper setup.

The increased sportiness comes without compromise to driving comfort thanks to electronically-controlled dampers with individual control for each wheel.

Features a corresponding setup of elasto/kinematics (higher camber angle, body measures for increased rigidity).

A change of setup can be made depending on the position of Drive Performance Control (for example, more dynamic/agile driving behaviour in 'Sport' mode). Also features an extension of Drive Performance Control with Adaptive mode (situational adaptation of damping forces).”
Yeah we’re sorta talking about two different things here. I did spec the adaptive suspension option.

On the MY22 cars they had a drive mode or (drive performance control) called adaptive mode. I don’t really know exactly what that did but that’s gone now. The other feature of the adaptive suspension is depending on if you’re in comfort or sport it stiffens the damping too. And in sport individual I can see the option to change between the two.

I can certainly feel a difference just not as pronounced as I was expecting.
Appreciate 0