01-29-2024, 08:49 AM   #86
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 ZB M2 6-speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyRyan2019 View Post
These insurance rates vary greatly due to a lot of factors; geography, age, driving record, home/auto same carrier, etc.

It is very hard to compare without knowing a lot of the circumstances behind the person.

The peace of mind I get with the $2m in coverage for about $500 a year is well worth it. Besides, as it has underinsured/uninsured coverage I can go back after my own policy if I suffer injuries not covered by the other person. I know there are better companies out there than SF but having been grandfathered in to keep that policy means a lot.
Yes I under stand it is hard to get an apples to apples comparison when it comes to car insurance.

Still my car insurance is about the same as yours. The coverage limits and deductibles are the same.

Comp/Collision: Deductible $1,000
Bodily injury: 250K/500K/100K
Uninsured/Underinsured 250K/500K/100K limits

Asked that emergency road side assistance and car rental/travel expenses coverage be removed but I see on the declaration page they are still present. Got to get those removed.

I have two cars insured and I also get my renters (apartment) insurance from State Farm. So I get a multiple car and multiple policy discount.

(While I live in an apartment both cars are garaged here.)

Miles per year is listed as 12,000. I drive fewer miles but State Farm has 12,000 miles as its lowest number of miles driven. I won't put 12,000 total on both my cars in a year.

Cars are listed with no assigned driver. SF rep claims that is the least expensive assignment. Also, usage assigned to both cars is work, school, pleasure. I told rep I don't work or go to to school but as with the 12,000/year mileage the usage is fixed.

I'm 72. Retired. No commute. Live alone. Two cars. No other drivers. No claims for 6 years. No tickets in I forget how long ago. Oh wait the last ticket that I was not able to get dismissed was back in Sept. 2009. Cost me 1 point and $75. The point was gone after 6 months.

Live in northwest Arkansas, Benton County.

My 2023 M2 insurance premium for 6 months is $775.

My 2024 230i xDrive insurance premium for 6 months is $550.

Total 1 year insurance cost is $2650.
Appreciate 0