View Single Post
      01-29-2024, 05:09 PM   #14
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 ZB M2 6-speed

After my 2020 Scat Pack was repaired I did a DV claim. (Car hit while parked outside my apartment in an assigned space.)

Damage repairs totaled around $8200.

Car hit mid January 2021. (Bought it new Nov. 2020!)

Probably sometime in middle to late February I contacted Auto Appraisal Group about a DV appraisal.

Link:

https://www.autoappraisal.com/

Got in touch and scheduled a time for the appraiser to view the car. He was coming from IIRC Tulsa OK which is 110 miles away.

Was told what I needed to have. Copy of the title. Copy of the repair paperwork. Maybe something else. Probably pics of the damage. Even if this wasn't requested I had plenty of good pics.

Guy showed up on time. Took the copies of what I had ready for him. Gave the car a very good going over. He took lots of pics.

But he was not the appraiser. He was just gathering info for the appraiser.

After a week or two the appraisal showed up. The appraiser had the car's DV amount $5876. Before accident value: $39,175.00. After accident and repairs value: $33,299.00.

As I was instructed I went to a highly regarded use car dealer to get some prices. Walked up and said "Buy my car". Showed the dealer the pics of the damage. The repair paperwork. The used car dealer offered me more than the car was appraised for. He offered me $41,000. I had not shared with him what AAG appraisal value was.

So I had no real ammo to go along with the AAG appraisal.

Submitted a claim against the at fault driver's insurance for the DV. Long story short I settled for $2500. (The insurance company either offered $0 or I seem to recall maybe $1000.)

Appraisal cost me $450.
Appreciate 0