Rep
Drives: 2024 M2 and 2023 Mazda CX-30

Garage List
  [10.00]
  [10.00]
2024 BMW M2  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockCrusher View Post
Missed the 300K vs. 100K difference. Thanks for catching that.

Don't think PIP (Personal Injury Protection — I had to look it up I had not heard of this before) is available here. AR doesn't have any no fault insurance laws that I'm aware of.

I see nothing on the declaration pages that appear to have anything to do with that coverage.

There is uninsured and under insured motorist coverage. Bodily injury limits are 250K/500K and a property damage limit of 100K.

Yes, Bella Vista is a beautiful area. Briefly looked at houses in that area but stopped. I'm not fan of living in a area with the roads that Bella Vista has — hilly/curvy/rather "narrow" — when said area is subject to snow/ice in the winter.
The minimum PIP here is $40K per person per accident, $20K medical, and $20K for non-medical such as lost wages, replacement for services , etc. You can select higher coverages.

You can also stack the coverage. For each car you own you can stack the coverage so if you own 3 cars with same coverage you multiply the above coverages by 3.

Being as we are a no fault state these coverages are available regardless of who is at fault, whereas liability coverage is available to others if you caused the crash.

However, this is where your Underinsured Liability Umbrella coverage comes into play because you can supplement the PIP with it if the injuries exceed the policy limits of the other at-fault driver.

Then there is your health insurance coverage... vehicle coverage comes first but health insurance will come into play if that doesn't cover everything.

* I'm not an insurance agent or lawyer, I just play one on TV.