View Single Post
      02-07-2024, 01:25 PM   #1
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

Loaner car given out in my name

What would you do?

I recently had my BMW in for service, so was given a loaner BMW. I thought that was generous as I really didn't need a loaner, but figured it was easier than waiting for a shuttle ride.

So I picked up my BMW the next day and returned the loaner. I thought it odd that the service advisor did not present the loaner document or perform a walk-around inspection of the loaner. In fact, the loaner car disappeared while I was waiting for my service advisor, key fob in hand.

Two days later I received a .pdf document stating I returned the loaner 2 days AFTER I returned it, plus it had nearly 200 miles on it. I only drove the car a few miles home and back, nothing more.

I called my service advisor, demanding the loaner document be edited for accuracy. No dice. He said the transaction was closed and couldn't be edited. It took me many phone calls before I finally found someone at the dealer who said they could edit the document and even then, I'm not sure they did.

I wrote a complaint to BMW HQ. Not sure what good it will do, except maybe get me black listed at my local dealer. Still, I'm pissed.

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6734.50