03-06-2024, 11:37 AM   #50
rk95
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2siast View Post
Why do you want to bring it in sooner? Planning a long road trip with the car?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockCrusher View Post
If you believe the car needs an early service you should be able to arrange that.

Took my M2 in for an early out of schedule oil/filter service at around 600 miles. Had to pay for the service out of my own pocket. I asked the running in service notification not be reset/cleared. I wanted it left active to alert me when it calculated the break in service was due.

Then when the CBS alerted me a 1200 mile service was due I booked the car in for that. Appointment was around 2 weeks out so I cooled my jets and didn't drive the car so as to avoid going too far over the 1200 miles. Not sure how much over is too much but I had the luxury of driving my 2nd car in the meantime. When I brought the car in for its service the odometer was at 1204 miles.

If you take the car in for an early off schedule service ask how long you can postpone the break in service.

I read someone on here who said it could be done at 800 miles and I was just curious if anyone had actually done it. I’ve been following the break in and plan to get it done around the 1000 mile mark. This is the earliest my CA said I could get it. Oddly enough, when I had my car in for an alignment at 330 miles, they tried to do my break in service and said it was due.. I quickly made sure this would not happen lol
Appreciate 1
M2siast5997.50