View Single Post
      03-07-2024, 10:55 AM   #310
Fronzdan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 M240 xDrive

I’ve been “trying to ignore the thump” for about a month now. It’s just odd that no one can figure it out.
To me it seems like something is loose, like the slight bumps are more shaking things up and down causing whatever is loose to bounce and hit something else. I think we’ve ruled out an actual strut or mount problem because people have had these replaced. Plus it’s only on the left side.

So what might stiffer springs do? It might put things on that side under more tension. Or is it because the different springs raise the rear end slightly? I guess if it’s something in the suspension that’s loose or hitting something, it might prevent whatever it is from hitting something. Sitffening the dampers makes it worse though. Hmm..

I wish I could poke around while the car is on a lift. I just have a feeling it’s not anything in the actual suspension but something that’s shaking more/less based on the how firm the suspension is….something like the exhaust system.

The fact that’s it’s just one side is interesting. I can roll over the same bumps on the left side and no sound.
Appreciate 0